Sunday, April 25, 2010

The Bible in 66 Verses

I came across this really interesting blog post called the “Bible in 66 Verses” on the Lutheran Forum. The author, Sarah Wilson, selected a verse from each book of the Bible that summarizes that book’s content.

I’m not sure how to use it, but I think this is a really interesting way of thinking about the books of Bible. Young people and adults could really rise to the challenge of selecting a verse for the book that they are studying or different church families could chose a book and then select a verse for that book so your congregation could share with each other. The author lists her verse choices and while I haven’t been through the list with a fine-toothed theological comb, I sure enjoyed reading the list and thinking about why that verse was chosen.

No comments: